The Seahawks finish the month of September at 3-1 with Sunday's victory over the Arizona Cardinals. They earn their first win over an NFC West rival and now they have the chance to do the same thing on a short week against the Los Angeles Rams. The guys preview the matchup against these hated rivals and Adam explains how a win here goes a long way to shifting the balance of power back toward the Seahawks in the division.
Before we get to the Rams discussion, Adam discovers what he has learned about the different running styles between Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny and how Carson maintains his balance while taking big hits. Jadeveon Clowney has his first signature moment as a member of the Seahawks in the win against Arizona. Also, the Seahawks have two players among the leaders in end zone targets. However, only one of those players has multiple touchdown conversions.
With the Rams coming to town, it looks like they've taken a step back from previous seasons in some respects, but can Pete Carroll finally figure out how he wants to defend the Rams offense after being so close last season. The biggest concerns are the Rams defensive line as well as their wide receiving corps, though Shaquill Griffin seems to be taking a big step toward being a star.
We cut the show a bit short this week as the Cardinals are called out to do better and the Seahawks tight end from Montana earns a nod in Better at Life for his unselfish touchdown celebration on Sunday.
- Seahawks vs Cardinals as a quick summary (1:13)
- Adam explains the different run styles between Carson and Penny (4:20)
- What to expect from the Seahawks run game versus the Rams (5:56)
- Two Seahawks among NFL leaders in red zone targets (8:21)
- Jadeveon Clowney has his first signature moment for the Seahawks (12:27)
- Previewing the Los Angeles Rams and Seattle Seahawks (16:31)
- The Los Angeles Rams and their favorite play to run (22:12)
- How a win Thursday puts the Seahawks in position for the division crown (30:21)
- The Rams defensive line vs the Seahawks offensive line is a huge concern (31:37)
- Shaquill Griffin taking next step toward defensive stardom (36:27)
- The Seahawks have a statistical edge in key areas through four games (40:27)
- The Seahawks are better when playing in their base defense (44:27)
- Paul Allen to become the 12th member of the Seahawks Ring of Honor (51:13)
- We really screwed up last week (53:25)
- Week 4 Pickem results (54:12)
- Called out for missing out on a show tradition after loss to the Saints (56:35)
- Do Better: Arizona Cardinals and their Ring of Honor (1:01:14)
- Better at Life: Will Dissly knows how to celebrate TDs (1:07:42)
Call or text: 253-235-9041